Nov 10, 2019
Prostate cancer: how common, how to detect it, how to treat it (should we?) // Artificial lights and sleep with Morgan Sweeney // Should we really be eating more meat now?
* Vox pop by David Lonstein
* Jingle by Joseph Hackl of Voodoo Jazz
* Theme music: "Troll of the Mountain Swing" by the Underscore Orkestra.
To contribute to The Body of Evidence, go to our Patreon page at: http://www.patreon.com/thebodyofevidence/.
Patrons get a bonus show on Patreon called “Digressions”! Check it out!
1) ERSPC randomized trial of prostate cancer screening: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=10.1016%2Fj.eururo.2012.05.068
2) ERSPC randomized trial of prostate cancer screening: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30824296
3) Quality of Life study: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1201637
4) Chemoprevention study 1, PCPT: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1215932
5) Chemoprevention study 2, REDUCE: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa0908127
6) Surgery vs. radiation vs. active surveillance: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1606220