May 24, 2020
Chris and Jonathan speak to Brooke Binkowski, journalist and managing editor for Truth or Fiction, about social media’s misinformation problem and why we need more journalists to figure out what’s real from what’s fake. This interview contains more political opinions than the rest of our show because of the subject matter.
0:38 Brooke gets hoisted by her own petard
3:21 Social media became a source of news
4:02 The danger posed by Alex Jones
6:26 Two points of view on Plandemic
14:00 Collaborating with Facebook on fact checking
27:23 The radicalization coalition
34:40 Social media’s influence on newsrooms
38:33 Brooke’s dream of reparations
41:49 Free speech on the Internet
45:19 How to solve the fact-checking problem
50:40 The magical power of journalism
54:10 The soft science hard sell
57:18 On finding credible sources
1:02:09 “Get it back!” But how?
* Theme music: "Troll of the Mountain Swing" by the Underscore Orkestra.
To contribute to The Body of Evidence, go to our Patreon page at: http://www.patreon.com/thebodyofevidence/.
Big thanks to ThatMTLGuy for the microphone loan to save Chris from subpar sound quality.
1) Truth or Fiction: http://www.truthorfiction.com
2) Brooke on Twitter: https://twitter.com/brooklynmarie
3) Brooke on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brooke.binkowski
4) Where that SWAT team Plandemic footage came from: https://www.truthorfiction.com/researcher-behind-retracted-paper-launches-anti-fauci-campaign/
5) Study on the anti-vaccine movement on Facebook: http://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2281-1