Jan 12, 2020
Salt: what is it and what does it do to the body? (with Star Wars references!) // Telling Australians to stop drinking // Q&A with our listeners // YouTube cracks down on pseudomedicine
* Vox pop by David Lonstein
* Jingle by Joseph Hackl
* Additional music by Seth Donnelly and Kevin MacLeod of Incompetech.com.
* Theme music: "Troll of the Mountain Swing" by the Underscore Orkestra.
To contribute to The Body of Evidence, go to our Patreon page at: http://www.patreon.com/thebodyofevidence/.
Patrons get a bonus show on Patreon called “Digressions”! Check it out!
1) Review of MSG: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10736382
2) Sources of sodium: He FJ, MacGregor GA. Reducing population salt intake worldwide: from evidence to implementation. Prog Cardiovasc Dis 2010; 52:363.
3) DASH diet study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11136953
4) TOHP study: https://www.bmj.com/content/334/7599/885.long
5) John Ioannidis’ editorial: https://academic.oup.com/ije/article/45/1/264/2364034
6) Prison study editorial: https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.118.11103
7) Alcohol Abstinence in Drinkers with Atrial Fibrillation: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1817591