Apr 18, 2021
Car safety: the evidence behind seatbelts, air bags, booster seats, winter tires, and turning right on red // the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine saga, with the risk of blood clots explained // the claim that 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 will develop a neuropsychiatric condition.
* Jingle by Jillian Correia of Roctavio Canada
* Theme music: “Fall of the Ocean Queen“ by Joseph Hackl.
* Assistant researcher: Nicholas Koziris
To contribute to The Body of Evidence, go to our Patreon page at: http://www.patreon.com/thebodyofevidence/
Patrons get a bonus show on Patreon called “Digressions”! Check it out!
1) Causes of death according to the CDC: https://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/leadcause.html
2) Traffic safety facts from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA): https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/812683
3) Booster seat use in older children in Washington state: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5522634/
4) The danger of premature graduation to seat belts for young children: https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/105/6/1179
5) A new measure making winter tires mandatory in Quebec: http://conf.tac-atc.ca/english/resourcecentre/readingroom/conference/conf2010/docs/k2/fournier-e.pdf
6) Hilda Bastian’s article on the risk of clotting with AZ’s vaccine: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/03/astrazeneca-vaccine-blood-clot-issue-wont-go-away/618451/
7) The Lancet Psychiatry study on neuropsychiatric outcomes of COVID-19 patients: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/article/PIIS2215-0366(21)00084-5/fulltext
Dark Secrets (DECISION) by Sascha Ende®
Funny Adventures by WinnieTheMoog