Jan 23, 2022
Jonathan and Chris speak to Olivier Drouin, MD, MPH, a paediatrician and researcher in Montreal. The risk-benefit analyses regarding children, COVID-19, and the vaccines have received a lot of attention by journalists, parents, and peddlers of misinformation alike. “Myocarditis” is now a “boogeyword.” Olivier weighs in on how COVID affects children, the safety of the vaccines, and what to do about schools.
1:20 Not *that* Olivier Drouin
2:36 How COVID affects children
6:00 Risk factors
9:29 How Omicron affects children
13:25 Speculating on increased diabetes diagnoses
16:19 Vaccine safety in children and the focus on peri- and myocarditis
24:04 Vaccine hesitant parents
28:29 The school debate
41:58 Our elected officials
47:00 Research beyond COVID
* Theme music: “Fall of the Ocean Queen“ by Joseph Hackl.
To contribute to The Body of Evidence, go to our Patreon page at: http://www.patreon.com/thebodyofevidence/.
Patrons get a bonus show on Patreon called “Digressions”! Check it out!
1) Olivier Drouin on Twitter: https://twitter.com/olivierdrouinmd
2) Olivier Drouin on Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=%22Olivier+Drouin%22&btnG=
3) Olivier Drouin on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olivierdrouinmd/
4) Jonathan’s article on COVID aerosols and ventilation/filtration: https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid-19/covid-19-air-both-problem-and-solution